Take a step back and take a keen look at your current life.
How it works.
Answer the following questions and write down how many YES and NO you have.
- Usually, I sleep less than 7 hours a night. I often wake up during the night.
- I don’t have a healthy breakfast. It must be fast knowing that it’s often unhealthy.
- I don’t work out on a regular basis (minimum 3 times a week). E.g. cardio and/ or strength training.
- I don’t take regular breaks. I often skip lunch or eat at my desk.
- I don’t have enough time for my loved ones. And when I’m not really with them.
- I often find myself impatient, irritable or stressed at work. Especially during high demand.
- I spend too little time with things I really enjoy.
- I rarely celebrate accomplishments. I rarely take the time to tell my honest appreciation to others.
- Focusing on one thing is hard for me. I’m constantly distracted because there is too much to do. What I hate most is answering e-mails.
- I don’t feel in control of my time. I often have to react to pressing demands. I should focus more on high-value topics with high leverage.
- I don’t have enough time to think and reflect on strategic topics and creative thinking.
- I feel like not having a weekend at all. Even during vacations, I work.
- There is a significant gap between how it should be and how it actually is.
- I don’t have a clear purpose. I feel like not having control over my work-life.
- I could do a lot better if I had more time.
- To be honest I don’t like my boss.
- I don’t like what I’m doing at work right now.
- I don’t like to go to work in the morning.
It’s easy to get into a mess. And there is always a way out.
It’s your choice.